Orthodox Bishops Designate Prison Ministry Awareness Sunday
The Orthodox Church has dedicated the 6th Sunday of Pascha as the official day to recognize prison ministry in every Orthodox parish around the nation!. This year the official date is May 25th. If you would like to be the prison ministry contact person for your church and become involved on this day, here are some easy steps!
- First, be sure to receive the blessings from your parish priest.
- Contact our office, and we will immediately send your parish a laminated icon of Christ the Prisoner to venerate on that day.
- Email: email@example.com Phone: (610-777-1552)
- Print out this bulletin insert to include in your bulletins on that day.
- Provide this letter for your priest to read to your parish on prison ministry.
- We humbly ask that each parish pass a tray on this day to give parishioners the opportunity to support the Orthodox Church’s National Prison Ministry and all that is being done to reach out to those in prison.
*Because Prison Ministry Awareness Sunday falls on Memorial Day weekend, we encourage parishes to be flexible on promoting this day either the Sunday before or after the holiday.